• Home
  • Tumblr
  • Multiply
  • Facebook
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

from I'll only be a nanosecond, my Tumblr

a proposal.

I remember a time when I’ll only be a nanosecond had nothing but original content. It was before the advent of Tumblarity (which may be the worst decision Tumblr has made), and I had a grand total of three followers then, but it didn’t matter.

I enjoyed the time before Formspring, before the reblog-if’s, before all that.

Read More

Day 5.

Your favorite quote.

I don't have a favorite quote per se, I just like 'em as I read them/see them. XD In any case, I made some hurried typography of a bunch of quotes I like.



I wrote this line from Oscar Wilde as my high school yearbook quote.



I still have Sandman on the brain from yesterday's entry. This quote is one of many famous, but misquoted, quotes. The real quote from the comic says "You lived what anybody gets, Bernie. You got a lifetime." The one on this image sounds better, right? Haha.



An excerpt from "the battle" for Lord Morpheus' helm. As epic as epic wins can get. This one isn't watermarked, 'coz I couldn't bear to defile it that way. (And I can't find a good spot to put it)

There are other awesome quotes I like from a varied amount of sources (Sandman isn't my life, okay.). But I wasn't able to make typography of them. Boo. Listing them shall have to do for now.

"Why is it that in this society, people are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns instead of holding hands?" - source unknown :( I would like to know the origin of this brilliance.

"He who saves one life, saves the world entire." - Jewish saying (I first heard this from Schindler's List, a brilliant, heartbreaking film)

"Comparing most other girls to me is like comparing Sputnik to a space-borne death laser." - Faye Whitaker, from the webcomic Questionable Content

"Not supposed to what? Love? I don't know, is there such a thing?" - Melchior Gabor, from the musical Spring Awakening

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

"Paano ba natin ikinahiya ang ating hubad na anyo? Ah! Ikinagat niya ang mansanas!" - Lulu, from Frank Wedekind's play Lulu, Filipino translation by Joel Saracho, performed by Dulaang UP

"When I was just a little girl, I asked my mummy what should I be? 'Fuck should,' she said." - A Softer World

"What was the word for warm and light and blissful and perfect and whole? Four letters seemed not enough." - A Love So Belated, a piece of Harry Potter fanfiction

I could go on. But I shall leave some of the rest to the other days. :)

~

A note: If you like any of my original work on the cutting room floor, feel free to share, but please please please credit, credit, credit! Just a link back to here (http://wistfulwordplay.blogspot.com) would be awesome.
Read More 0 comments | Posted by queeriouser and queeriouser! edit post

0 comments



Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
  • About
      I sweep up scattered memories, idle thoughts, transient dreams.
  • Chat


    Wouldn't you like to know.

    Links


    Kaine
    Tet

    UP AME
    Scientia

    Neil Gaiman
    Matt Doyle
    Gibbs Cadiz

    FreeRice
    Kitsune Noir
    PostSecret
    Questionable Content

    Twitter Updates

      follow me on Twitter

      Archive

      • ► 2011 (1)
        • ► March (1)
      • ► 2010 (6)
        • ► January (6)
      • ▼ 2009 (16)
        • ▼ December (7)
          • Day 6.
          • Day 5.
          • Day 4.
          • Day 3.
          • Day 2.
          • Day 1.
          • 30 days.
        • ► June (1)
        • ► April (2)
        • ► March (1)
        • ► February (4)
        • ► January (1)
      • ► 2008 (14)
        • ► September (1)
        • ► August (2)
        • ► July (2)
        • ► June (1)
        • ► April (2)
        • ► March (1)
        • ► February (2)
        • ► January (3)
      • ► 2007 (26)
        • ► December (4)
        • ► November (9)
        • ► October (3)
        • ► September (10)
    • Search






      • Home
      • Tumblr
      • Multiply
      • Facebook

      © Copyright the cutting room floor. All rights reserved.
      Blogger Layout | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
      brought to you by Studio House Design

      Back to Top